Pages

Glazed Donut French Toast


It’s a well known fact, at least in the world that I live in, that my father makes the world’s best French toast.  In 28 years I’ve never had it made by anyone else or bothered to order it in a diner or restaurant. { Once I really like something my OCD tends to make me just stick tightly to it… }

Keeping up with my grand plan for all this personal growth now that I’m out on my own I figured it would be fun to do some Googling and mesh together all of the best French toast recipes I can find….  Well, that was a brilliant idea – if I do say so myself – because the end result was Glazed Donut French Toast - a party of delicious on my breakfast plate!!      {Read more for instructions}






·      Instead of using bread use Glazed Donuts  ~  if it’s a regular size donut slice down the middle so you have two rings instead of one.  I wasn’t able to find regular sized glazed, and there was no way I was waiting to eat this so I used Entenmann’s Mini Glazed Crullers {perfectly delicious}

·      Beat 2 eggs & milk together until there is no separation in color…

·      Mix in 1 Tsp Sugar, ¼ Tsp Ground Cinnamon, ¼ Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract

·      Melt butter in a pan over medium heat

·      Dip donuts in mixture as you would regular French toast, and place in pan over Medium heat  { don’t increase heat to speed up cooking time, the glaze will harden }

·      Cook on each side about 4 minutes, and serve with butter, powdered sugar, and syrup


1 comment: