Pages

Homemade Party Streamers



No matter what the occasion I love homemade decorations so much more than store bought ones!  They have a classic feel and add a personal touch to any occasion you may be hosting. 
I had a lot of crepe paper left over from a previous project so I began searching for other uses for it... 
  I came across these really simple streamers at http://jordanferney.blogspot.com/

Here are Jordan's instructions:

Step 1: Cut off about a 2"-3" section of crepe paper.
Step 2: Start on one side and cut fringe evenly spaced. Leave some space in the center.
Step 3. Turn it over and cut fringe on the other side, still not cutting too far into the center.
Step 4: Muss up the fringe on each side, separate the layers and scrunch it with your fingers.
Step 5. Et voila! Unroll and hang your fringey streamers and celebrate! 

 

I also had a couple rolls of crepe paper - so I adjusted the instructions to work for them also.  I would remove about a centimeter size of the roll, cut the fringes, fray, and unroll...




No comments:

Post a Comment