Pages

Orecchiette with Swiss Chard



This is a recipe that is wonderful for lunch or dinner.. and perfect for parties & picnics, since it tastes just as delicious at room temperate as it does right out of the skillet.  Swiss chard is not only one of the most popular vegetables along the Mediterranean, but it is also one of the most nutritious - following right behind spinach. Often overlooked in the produce section of the grocery store, I chose to highlight it for today's recipe  :) 

Ingredients:

1lb Orecchiette pasta
2 Bunches Swiss Chard
Ricotta Salata
2 Cloves garlic
Chicken breast, grilled and sliced (optional)
Salt & Pepper


·      Cook pasta until al dente
·      Lightly crush and sauté the garlic in olive oil. Once garlic is browned remove with a slotted spoon and discard
·      Chop and sauté Swiss Chard in the olive oil over medium-low heat…  about 5 minutes, or just until it begins to soften
·      Add pasta to skillet, some crumbled ricotta salata, and a bit more olive oil, salt & pepper  - stir and sauté until all ingredients are warmed (I add a lot of cheese, salt & pepper... but this can be done to taste!)
·      Place in large serving bowl and crumble more ricotta salata on top
·      Once plated I add a couple slices of the grilled chicken breast


Bon Appetit!

2 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy, And I love the sunflowers, anything yellow I love... I'm following from fab thursdays blog hop. when you get a moment, would love you come by for a visit and follow me.
    thank you
    http://www.shopping2scale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so yummy!!!!

    Thanks so much for stopping by and following me! I'm following you back! Hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

    Kim
    Chubby Cheeks Thinks

    ReplyDelete