Pages

St. Patty's Treats


With St. Patrick's Day only a few days away I thought it would be fun to share with you some recipes that would make your feast on the 17th a little bit more delightful!

Most people think that a pot of gold is what you find at the end of a rainbow... that actually isn't true ~ what you find are these pretty Rainbow Cupcakes! 

They're fun ~ they're festive ~ and they're delicious!  Leprechauns of all ages will enjoy them :)

These magical little desserts take some effort to create, but they aren't difficult.  The festive color that they bring to your holiday table makes it well worth it!!
(Read More for Instructions)




Recipe Courtesy of http://familyfun.go.com

For my cupcakes I used a super moist French Vanilla white cake batter, and traditional white icing.  The white batter made the colors really vibrant, and I added some green sprinkles and rainbow sprinkles to the icing to give them another little festive kick!

Enjoy!!






Ingredients
  • White cake mix (we used an 18-1/4-ounce box)
  • Food coloring (red, blue, green, and yellow)
  • Baking cups
  • Whipped cream (optional)
Instructions

Prepare your favorite white cake mix, then divide the batter evenly among six small bowls. Following the chart below, dye each bowl of batter a rainbow color.
RAINBOW COLORDROPS OF FOOD COLORING
Purple9 red and 6 blue drops
Blue12 drops
Green12 drops
Yellow12 drops
Orange12 yellow and 4 red drops
Red18 drops
Line 16 muffin pan wells with baking cups. 
Evenly distribute the purple batter among the cups, then the blue, and so on, following the order shown. As you go, gently spread each layer of batter with the back of a spoon to cover the color underneath.
Bake the cupcakes according to your recipe directions. Before serving, remove the paper wrapping, and if you like, top each cupcake with a whipped-cream cloud.

8 comments:

  1. I make a great rainbox cake (six layers) that is super easy. I guess I'll have to post pictures/instructions soon!

    Found you through Mailbox Monday and will be following. Would appreciate a follow back: IDoTheeWedSara.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting me :) I'm an email subscriber & follower now. Gosh now I really want a cupcake!!!

    TheChickenistaReviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your newest follower via GFC. Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so pretty and are sure to impress -- love it!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love rainbow everything. And I love your blog! I just subscribed, I hope you'll subscribe to mine too :) http://happylifeinnyc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are great looking and look yummy! Thanks for the follow and nice words :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a new follower from Fab Friends Thursday Blog Hop! Great blog! My daughter wants me to make the cupcakes!
    Hope you can follow back!
    http://stylendecordeals.blogspot.com/

    I also have a Smashbox Eyeshadow Giveaway:
    http://stylendecordeals.blogspot.com/2011/03/smashbox-fusion-soft-lights-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the follow! I made the mistake of starting to read thsi blog BEFORE I had breakfast...now I just want cake...or donuts...either one will work! Following along now - can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete