Pages

Fresh Salsa & Pork Tenderloin



Despite my love for anything beef and chicken related, sometimes I have a craving for something a little different… and like the commercial says, this is the time for the “other white meat” ~ Pork

I’ve never understood those who dismiss any type of food entirely just because they decide they “don’t like it”, but especially any sort of meat…  depending on how foods are cooked they can taste different each and every time – so even if you’re one of those people who “don’t like pork” I suggest you just taste this dish.

It is a deliciously light homemade tomato salsa over cubed pork tenderloin –which is also astoundingly light and tender.  Put over rice ~ Top with a few cubes of fresh sliced avocado and a dollop of sour cream ~ and this dinner will knock you off your feet!





Ingredients:

1lb Pork Tenderloin, trim the fat and cut into ¾” cubes
2 Cups fresh tomato salsa (recipe @ bottom)
Hot cooked long grain rice (amount depends of your like for rice.. in the pictures shown I chose to use a Jasmine rice and it was fabulous)
Salt & pepper
Sour Cream
Ripe avocado peeled and cubed (both the sour cream and avocado are optional)


Heat large skillet over medium-high heat and coat with cooking spray

Add pork and season with salt & pepper according to your taste, I choose to use about ¾ tsp of each, if not slightly more

Sauté until golden brown, approximately 8-10 minutes

While meat is sautéing add salsa and ½ cup of water to a pan and bring to a boil – once boiling reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 7 minutes, or until the mixture is slightly thickened

Cook rice according to the variety you have chosen - spoon pork over rice – spoon salsa over pork - and add a dollop of sour cream and a few cubes of avocado



Bon Appétit!

*Salsa:   I am by no means a salsa expert, but for this recipe this is how I whipped up a quick fresh tomato salsa, and it tasted delightful.
4 ripe tomatoes, chopped.  One medium red onion, chopped.  Two green onions, chopped.  Lemon juice from ½ a squeezed lemon.  Mix & refrigerate


3 comments:

  1. Lauren, you are such a good chef! I am going to try this recipe one day and maybe my Lauren will like it. can I send her over to you so she can learn how to cook??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guarantee lauren would eat everything i make if i could only blindfold her and feed her so she didnt know what it was HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely...Do share your salsa recipe. I live in India and it's all new to me. I have tried out something..but not sure it's authentic.

    ReplyDelete