Pages

The Otaheite Apple



With its deep red, almost purple, waxy skin and oval to pear-like shape - this fruit has stolen my heart.. This Jamaican apple has one large seed, and the flesh may be crisp or spongy and very juicy.  I was informed by one of the locals to choose an otaheite with dark flesh, since the darker the fruit the more sweet it will be.  

I had the pleasure of tasting this delightful fruit mixed into a smoothy with ginger root.  If I had to choose only one drink to have for the rest of my life it would most likely be this refreshing fruit drink.  I can only imagine the other wonderful recipes that the otaheite may be used for.  I've heard that a wonderful addition to a breakfast muffin is a otaheite jam complimented with brown sugar.


1 comment:

  1. Congrats for being featured on Blogging Women for April. I'm one those being featured too. Just stopped by to say Congrats!

    ReplyDelete