Pages

Mini Apple Pies Perfect With Snow


We're definitely experiencing some bipolar weather here in New York!!  First the hurricane... then a nor'easter with way more snow than anyone believed would fall... and now a beautiful weekend ahead!

I can't speak for everyone, but when I hear snow in the forecast I immediately go into "what comfort foods can I cook? mode."  I've been itching to use my mini pie maker, so apple pie was the way to go.  So simple, so yummy - and if you don't have a mini pie maker then a muffin tray works just as well.



Pre-made Pie Crust
2 to 3 Apples
1/4 Cup of Sugar
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Pinch of Salt
1 tbs Flour


Cut your pie crust to the appropriate size (my pie maker came with a circular cutter, but a bowl works just as well - make sure you're cutting circles that are slightly larger than the size of your muffin cup), peel and dice apples, mix the dry ingredients and vanilla in a bowl and toss with apples.

Fill your pie crust and cover with either a second crust or a decorative top (I gave a lattice design my best effort.... it's a work in progress) ~ also,  before I placed on the top pie crust I placed a few thin shavings of butter on the seasoned apples.

If you're using muffin tins in the oven then bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes depending on your oven.





I had some left over seasoned diced apples after I filled and baked my pies... so in the spirit of not being wasteful I simply topped the warm pies with extra apple!  In was indeed a fabulous decision.









1 comment:

  1. Wonderful dessert! Great mini pies! I love pies, give me special coziness and warmth in winter, especially when it snows! This is my favorite dessert in the winter!

    ReplyDelete